Friday, November 7, 2008

History has been made

I am sure this has and will continue being said over and over again. History was made tuesday night when Barack Obama won the electoral votes for the presidency by a landslide. I will proudly say that I voted for him and I am so excited to see what the future holds for us as a nation now. I was insanely proud watching his acceptance speech late Tuesday night into early Wednesday morning. His ideas and what he stands for, I have just never been so full of hope. Call me naive but I really feel like finally we as a nation are coming together. I know (and trust me have HEARD) that several people aren't sure about having a black man leading us but I strongly hope that he goes to show them that its not the color of a mans skin but his character that makes him (and hopefully real soon!) or her a great leader. I really wish that we can get our economy back in order and that people can feel safe and secure again. And I am so proud that we have somebody in our current history that I can show my sons that you can go anywhere in life that you want to as long as you are willing to work hard for it. I really hope and feel that Obama will follow through with all of his promises and lead us to be a better nation.
Okay time to get off my soap box. Gotta go clean house. My mother is coming over tonight and would crap herself if she saw how unorganized I let things get!

No comments: