I was recently reading an article titled The 7 deadly mistakes men make when dating and I immediately thought to myself "wow, someone really thinks they only make 7?". I'm not going to pretend I'm perfect. I am SURE that I have made mistakes in the dating game. Like picking the wrong guy for one...haha
Now bear with me, I gave up dating for Lent (and no I am not even catholic!) so I have had sometime to think about dating.
So here is my list, in no particular order, of the mistakes that guys make in dating.
1. You go for looks, and OVERlook personality. Please don't get me wrong. I like pretty things too. But after an hour, you're gonna need something more to keep you occupied. Big boobies and a pretty face are nice, but being able to carry on an actual conversation os much more satisfying I swear.
2. Judging a book by its cover. Yes I realize I'm a girl. I realize that I may fit into that mold of being all dolled up in my makeup and high heels. But if you took the time to actually get to know me, you would find out that I am very down to earth, I look just as great in faded jeans and tennis shoes with my hair pulled back in a hat, and that I could be one of the coolest chicks you will ever know.
3. Not all vagina's are the same. Just like you get mad at us for generalizing you to be all the same, we aren't all the same. I realize that you have made poor decisions in the past and picked every single physcho chick out there that clings to you tighter than white on rice and freaks the freak out when you spend a minute apart...but I'm not that girl. I like time alone, I prefer for you to do your own thing so I don't have to feel like I'm babysitting you, and I can't stand the clingy crap.
4. Take me at my word. I realize that plenty of other girls feel the need to play silly games. The most popular one is saying one thing when the totally mean another. But as previously stated, I'm not like most girls. I have found honesty to be the best policy so I just speak my mind. Good or bad I say the truth. So please do me a favor and just do the same in return. Don't hype yourself up that your this great guy unless you can totally prove it.
5. Don't rush the sex. If you're a great guy, we will see it in time and the sex will happen. A girl far more appreciates a guy who takes his time (both out and in the bedroom) than one who rushes things. Get to know me, at least know the color of my eyes, the day of my birth, and what I do for a living before you try to bang me.
6. A little creativity goes a long way. Sure I can appreciate the romantic candlelit dinner, along with flowers and blah blah. But since I'm such a down to earth gal, I have an even better time doing things outdoors, catching a baseball game, or just hanging out.
7. Realize that until you become a major part of my life, you won't get a major part of my time. I'm a busy girl. I have a job that keeps me busy, 2 young boys that don't let me rest, family, friends, and everyone needs sometime alone. I make time for things that matter to me, so until you prove yourself worthy of my time you wont get much of it.