Thursday, September 11, 2008

We will never forget

As everyone knows, today is September 11th, 2008. The 7th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on New York, Washington D.C. and Pennsylvania.

As you go through out your day today, complaining about the traffic or mad because of the extra work your boss has assigned you stop and think about those innocent that lost their lives that day as well as those who sacrifice theirs fighting the war to end terrorism.

Take time to stop and remember all those things that you have to be thankful for. Every little thing. I am thankful for my sons laughter, my husband willingness to get up with the boys early in the morning so I can get just a little more sleep. I am appreciative of all the men and women, some whom I know and many who I have never met that fight for my freedom and the freedom of many others every day.

Say a prayer for those closely affected that awful morning 7 years ago. Those that thankfully survived, and those that lost loved ones, family and friends. Thank your God, your Allah, or whomever you pray to for not only the troops that serve to protect this country but also for the men and women that might save you from a house fire someday. We all know their courageous efforts that hap pend that morning.

And last but not least-stop to appreciate the freedom that we have here in the good ol United States of America. Home of the free and brave. The ability that we have to worship the god that we worship, believe what we want to, and achieve whatever goals we set for ourselves.

No comments: