Friday, August 21, 2009

I miss it

I remember his squishy little face. His little cry. The little grunts he made when he was nursing. The little preemie onsies we had to get because he was SO tiny it was all that would fit him for the first few weeks.

Our neighbor down the street just had her baby boy. Her first. I can't wait to get a glimpse of the new little guy. So it just has me thinking of when we had Eddie.

Everything little thing was so new and exciting. I loved waking up several times in the middle of the night to nurse him. It was so easy to just strap him up in his car seat and go. I remember so clearly my first trip out with him alone. We went to the mall and I was SO nervous about nursing him in public. I would get knots in my stomach before every check up he had. I couldn't stay in the room for his shots, so I always made Rich go with me. For a while, it was just Eddie and Me. I miss those days.

I think I have clung onto Luke's babyhood for so long because I don't feel like I have had that much time with him. Trying to keep up with two boys, time goes by so quickly. Luke and I have only had a handful of adventures alone together. Its hard to try and divide up the time.

So all this thinking of newborn babies is putting the fever back in me. Here's hoping that this is just a 24 hour bug.

No comments: