Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Pessimist in me

I am usually a very optomistic person. I always think there is something positive in every situation. The sun usually shines in my world.

But today we are sorta snowed in. Not bad like we can't even open the door cause its snowed shut. But enough that you shouldn't get out if you don't need to.

I hate the snow. Some people think its so beautiful. Something about the clean, white, glistening snow. But I see it as a nussance. To me, its like a thick, cold cloak of misery. I can't get out in my car and drive because its too unsafe and I don't trust other drivers. So that means that I can't go anywhere. Not even the grocery store. I can't stand getting out and playing in it because as much as I try to "waterproof" myself, something always winds up wet and then I get cold, which eventually leads to sickness for me. Always. There's only so much cleaning, play-doh playing, coloring, and reading you can do until you are extremley bored.

I guess more so for me, its like something holding me down. Telling me NO. I don't like to hear that word.

So here's the pessimist in me. If you need to find me later, I will be the one in the corner rocking back and forth, praying for spring to hurry up and get here.

No comments: