Saturday, October 9, 2010

The friendships I keep

So I should be packing. I move next weekend and I really need to get all my crap together. But as I often do, I am procrastinating so I veered my way over here and thought I would blog instead.

I got to thinking about the many friendships I keep and how odd my circle of friends is. Not that any of my friends are odd mind you, or maybe they are and that's why we get along so well. But I meant the situations of how I know them or what not that is odd.

Looking on Facebook (cause we all know that all 200 and something people on my friends list are the best of the best friends), you will see that I have several friends from all over the states. Colorado, Texas, Hawaii. Some of my friends are those that I made in high school. Some of my friends I have never even really met in person. 

But back to my "odd" friendships. I am one of the weird ones who oddly enough is able to stay friends with her exes. Its the truth. I still talk to my very first boyfriend from back in the day! But even weirder than that, I am still really good friends with one of my exes sisters. Even though she lives far away from me. And I am still kinda close with my ex husband.

Its kinda funny how we always tend to put all this thought and analyzing into our relationships, when somehow they all work out for the best in the end. Friends come and sometimes sadly they go. But those that matter the most to you in your life stay around and are always there for you. I wouldn't change any of my friendship, except maybe the location of a few, and I am so thankful that I have those that I can always count on.  

No comments: