Monday, June 22, 2009

25 Things

So finding inspiration from my blogger friend Heather, I thought I would write 25 things you probably don't know about me.

1.) I think I was suppose to be a boy. And I don't mean that in a weird I'm going to start ace bandaging my boobies down and look into getting "the change" kinda way. I have a girly side to me, really I do. But I'm really not down for cuddling, kissing, or talking for hours about the way I feel about someone. I share my feelings and thats that.

2.) When I was about 11 or 12, I cut my lip with a pair of barber scissors because I was trying to cut nose hairs and I slipped and fell. I still have a tear drop scar on my lips but you can really only see it if your up close.

3.) I love photography. I wish I could be like those cool people that own the fancy cameras and actually know how to use them. But I hardly can remember to use my pocket digital camera. I wish I could capture every little moment in life, cause it truly does all go by so fast!

4.) I am a complete medical dweeb. I will read anything and everything medical and if I don't understand it, I will research the crap outta of until I do. The body intrests me so much.

5.) I see dead people. Really I do. I have been visited by several loved ones over the years, most recently by my father in law who passed away from colon cancer a little over a year ago. He really likes to visit with my youngest Luke because he loved his grandchildren and never got to met him.

6.) I am such an open-minded, see both sides kinda girl and I almost think its a curse. There are SO many issues that I am always on the fence about cause I can understand both sides of the case. I am not wish-washy, I am just a very emotional person.

7.) I cry all the time. As reffered in #6, I am an emotional person. It doesn't take much to get tears outta me. So I hate to sound mean, but if you ever make me cry try not to feel flattered. Tears of joy, pain, heartache...I got it all covered.

8.) I have a very blunt view on death. Which is weird cause I am such an emotional person. Maybe cause I feel that even though that person is pyhsically gone, they are always with you. In saying this though, I am terrified of losing one of my kids. They are my world and I would be so lost without them. It would be like losing a limb to me.

9.) I hate talking on the phone. I have this weird thought that people hate the sound of my voice that it actually terriefies me to speak on the phone. Thank goodness for texting.

10.) I love to volunteer. I feel so extremley blessed with the things that I have in my life, that I want to do all I can to help others. I feel outta place since moving back to Ohio because I haven't had an orginization to work with. I am looking into volunteering with the Ronald McDonald house though here in Cincinnati so be on the look out soon for that.

11.) I feel very out of place here in Ohio. I love that I am back here and am able to be with family at the drop of a hat. But I really loved Austin and I miss it extremley. I got to go back last September and I had such a great time. But as I was sitting on the plane back here, I got a glimpse of downtown and I started bawling. I was already starting to miss it that much.

12.) I have recently discovered my love for gardening. I put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into my little garden so I am extremley proud of it. Picture a proud mom watching her son give his Valavictorian speech. Thats me looking at my flowers.

13.) I'm not really a person who cares what people think, but I just want everyone to like me. Sounds corny right? I just hope that all the people that I have met in my life have something positive to say about me.

14.) I love to be the center of attention, but not in a spotlight stealing kinda way. What can I say, I'm a leo.

15.) I am obsessed with HGTV and Better Homes and Gardens. My favorite thing to do on a saturday morning is watching whatever is on HGTV and drinking coffee. Now you wouldn't know that by the way my house looks...

16.) I think its more important to teach by doing then saying. Now in a literal sense I am a hands on person. But I think its far more important to just do the things that are right and hope that others will follow suit. At the end of the day, YOU are responsible for your actions, no one else. Thats why I also think its important to admit when you are wrong, and apologize when you have hurt someone.

17.) I think I am completley full of shit sometimes.

18.) I love my life as simple as it is. I often wish that I was this trendsetting, world traveler whom meets her girlfriends for drinks on weeknights and attends these lavish parties. But I know that I don't have the energy for that and having coffee with my hubby after the kids are asleep is enough for me.

19.) I am cheap. If theres a less expensive way around things I am all over it. I love expensive things, don't get me wrong. But I can't get myself to shell out the big bucks. TJ Maxx and $8 bottle of wines is where my money goes.

20.) I think I am courageous. Do you know how intimidating it can be going back to school at 27 years of age? I'm just saying.

21.) I had an awesome childhood, but I want something completley different for my kids. I don't think one or the other is any better, just something different.

22.) My main goal in life was to get married and have kids. Thats why I did that first and now am working on the career.

23.) My boys can drive me crazy on a daily basis, but I am so insanley happy that I had them. I can't even begin to explain how I feel for them.

24.) I don't really like chocolate. I will eat it, but only if it has like caramel or nuts or something else in it. I can't eat just plain chocolate.

25.) I am a creature of habit. I really don't intend on doing it, I just have to do certain things the same way all the time or I forget it. It like a little touch of OCD, I swear.

Yeah not that intresting, but its me.

1 comment:

Heather@WHMB said...

It was interesting! It was great, and I'm still totally freaked out that you see dead people. o.m.g.