Friday, June 12, 2009

Meaningful conversations

Eddie has been talking up a storm lately. And about nothing in particular. His favorite all time question is "What are you doing?". He asks me this every um 15 minutes I would say. "Momma what you doing?". I had this irrational fear when he was younger that he had a speaking problem or something cause he fully understood words, he just wouldn't say them. I seriously stayed awake many nights afraid that I was never going to hear him utter a single word. Now he talks...ALL THE TIME!!! He is constantly rambling about something. If he's not talking to me then he is talking to Luke. If Luke doesn't want to listen, then he talks to our dog Molly. When she has had enough and jumps the gate into the kitchen, then he talks to his toys. That boy is a talking fool and as long as he is awake, that mouth is going. Its sometimes annoying. He no longer takes naps, I just can't get him to sleep. So I make him sit down and relax for a little bit, secretly hoping that he will just fall over in exhaustion and sleep for a little bit. But even sitting down and watching a show he is still talking. He repeats whatever the character just said. He answers Dora when she asks him to help. He talks to me about the birds and squirrels outside. He asks where Dadda is. He just goes on and on and on.

But then..."Night night Momma. I love you."

Now that's the sweetest sound I have ever heard.

1 comment:

Heather@WHMB said...

Adorable. Isn't it funny how things just work themselves out. I stressed over B eating baby food - now it's nothing and she's moving on to bigger and better things. They just know their pace, and we, just worry anyway. :)