Monday, August 30, 2010

Random life, random thoughts

Okay so nothing is life is random. I know. The Big Guy up there has a plan for me and I trust him that he will lead me through it. But the events in my life have been very random as of lately. So I thought I would share them with y'all.

I am currently reading 3 different 4 different books right now. The Lucky One by Nikolas Sparks makes me cry every time I read it. The Secret just because I was curious as to what all the hoopla was about. The Good Girls Guide to Bad Girls Sex and it just makes me...well yeah. And my medical book so I can brush up on everything. I hope that I don't get things confused and start spouting out sex advice when I should be spouting out medical advice.

My 4 year old sweet baby boy starts preschool next week. And I cried picking out his first day of school outfit over the weekend. I thought I would be SO ready to send him off to school and see him start to grow into the young man I know he'll be someday. But now I find myself not quite ready to give up the baby side of him. He's really starting to not need my so much anymore and it sucks.

My 2 year old love bug is pretty much potty trained finally. And a really sick part of me I guess finds it entertaining when he has to go number 2. He tells me to leave him alone, but I peek in on him anyways. He's a tiny little thing and sitting on the big toilet, he looks even smaller. Unlike my 4 year old who likes to get in and get out, Luke would rather sit on the pot and sing and talk and what not. Soon all he'll need is a magazine and some air freshener.

OH I forgot to share with y'all. Next week, I will become a University of Cincinnati employee!!! I interviewed and was offered a position with the Department of Oral Surgery. Yes I will be getting paid to do oral (and its all legal too!). lol. Better pay, actual benefits, free college for me AND the boys. I am so excited!

My 10 year high school reunion is coming up and I don't know if I'm quite ready for it. I have conflicting feelings about it. lol. I think it'll be fun to see people I haven't seen in a LONG time, but I don't know if I am really ready to admit that I have been out of high school for 10 years already.

My dog might be pregnant. Long story short, no I never got around to getting her spayed. But she hasn't been in heat for 2 years cause she's kinda an old lady now. Well the male dog that's been hanging around here lately changed all of that. I've been doing a good job of keeping the separated and watching them, but one glance away and yeah...So do they have home pregnancy tests for dogs?

Last but not least, I am so thankful for the friends and family I have. Without them, I may not survive my day to day life. They keep me sane, they keep me grounded. And I am so glad I have them around.

No comments: