Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Nervous


For the first time in a LONG time, I am actually really nervous.

I have gone through a lot of changes in my life the past few months. Trying to and finally finding a job, going after a job I really really wanted and getting it, going through a divorce, getting back into the dating world...lots of big changes. But never once was I as nervous as I am now.

Now that I have achieved my goals and gotten to where I wanted to be, what next? I'm not really sure where my life is going now. And for the first time in a LONG time, I don't really have a plan for where I'm going. Nothing solid, no set goals. So I find myself really nervous.

I mean its not like I don't have ANY goals, of course my main goal is always to take care of my kids. Which is what I am doing with my new job now. But I am feeling like for the first time I am really able to focus on myself. Focus on doing the best that I can do at work, focus on my friendships and relationships, and just focus on myself and doing the things that I love to do and have always wanted to do.

So I guess that is my new goal. To make me the best me I can be. Sounds corny huh? Focus on learning how to balance work and my kids life. Focus on spending time and building friendships. Focus on what I really want and expect out of a relationship. Just focus on making my life worthwhile. Sounds like a great adventure to me!

No comments: