Friday, August 13, 2010

Working momma

I've been on maternity leave. For four years. Time to get back to work.

I returned back to work last week after taking a 4 year break to you know kick back, relax, OH and raise my children.

To be honest, it hasn't been as bad as I anticipated. Don't get me wrong, the leaving the kids part was HARD, but I have kinda enjoyed getting out of the house and being around adults. Its been great to see the boys reactions when I get home from the office. They are so excited to see me and they give me the biggest hugs. Its great.

The hardest adjustment is getting back into the work place and dealing with the "office drama" all over again. Really I thought I left this stuff behind when I graduated high school. I guess I am sadly mistaken. So because I choose not to be a part of it all, my days seem to be running pretty long. But as long as I have a job and am working towards a paycheck, I am not going to complain.

So back off to work I go today. It feels funny to actually be excited over a Friday again. Looking forward to spending some time with my boys this weekend. I miss them SO much!!!

No comments: