Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Believe

Stop the presses.

Really mark your calendar. You heard it here first folks.

I think I am starting to believe again. I had a brief moment in time when I was trying to push myself into believing that love was possible. That I may someday find "the love of my life" and that I was going to be happy, romantically, again. That was such a fleeting moment.

I got out and started dating again. I put myself out there, got to know some fellas. But, as it often does in life, things didn't work out and I was-dare I even say it?-alone again. I mean of course I am never really alone but you know what I mean.

So bitter me came out again. Perhaps she never really left. And I know you all are rolling your eyes...its to early, blah blah blah. But trust me, I have a good head on my shoulders, I'm making good decisions. I am not looking for my next new husband. I am not looking for anything serious. I'm not even looking really.

But I find myself starting to believe again, that maybe someday it will happen for me. I no longer hear sappy love songs and want to poke my eyes out. I can go back to watching romantic comedies and maybe still not believe in them, but not feel like I want to vomit. And I can start to see myself perhaps someday opening myself  to somebody in the hopes that I will find my happily ever after, prince charming, love story.

Hey we all have to have SOME type of jumping off point don't we?

No comments: