Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Making the move

So the big moving day for me is on the 15th. I am SO super excited, a little bit scared, and SO ready to do this.

Why you ask?

Because I have been living with my soon to be ex husband since we separated. I know to the outside looking in how awkward, uncomfortable, and just plain 'ol weird this sounds. But I will give you the story, at least the short version.

I was a stay at home mom for 4 years. It was the best decision for our family at the time for me to stay home with the kids. And honestly, it was THE best decision I think we could have made, and I am SO thankful for all that time I got to spend with my children. But lets be honest...the pay was CRAP. Don't get me wrong, the ex hubs made the money, bills were taken care of blah blah...but I didn't bring any income in.

So I am starting all over again. Of course you all know that I am back to work (and yes I still LOVE it!) so now its time to get the show on the road.

I got my apartment and I move in a couple of weeks. As excited as I am, I am also kinda nervous. I have never actually lived on my own before. I went straight from my parents house, to my husbands house. So now its all on me. Which is cool, I am all about responsibility, but I'm a little freaked out.

So I am just focusing on all the exciting stuff of getting my own place. Like the fact that I can totally girlify the place and there is no one that can complain about it. I have a bathroom to myself so no more seats that get left up, and its my place. My home that I get to start with my boys. I am ready to take this on!

No comments: