Thursday, March 11, 2010

So this is plus sized now?

Here is an untouched photo of three supermodels for an upcoming issue of Glamour. From left to right we have Victoria's Secret model Alessandra Ambrosio, plus-size model Crystal Renn, and Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover girl Brooklyn Decker.


Yeah thats right, the girl in the middle is considered PLUS-SIZE because in the modeling industry she is a size 12 and that is deemed plus-sized.

Well damn...instead of trying to find a job as a Medical Assistant, I should try my hand at plus-size modeling!

For real, the only problem I can see with her in that suit is the ill fitting bottom. If she had on the bottom that Brooklyn Decker is sporting, she would look like me in a two piece. And I were a size 6-8.

That just grosses me out to think she is considered plus-size. We are all gonna look like fat cows next to Alessandra. I have seen paper thicker than her.

So is there no hope out there for us real girls? You know the ones that have beared children and have the scars, stretch marks, and extra skin to prove it?

1 comment:

HeatherScent said...

You would be hard pressed to find any guy (or girl) who would choose the waif on the far left as the most attractive girl in this picture. All her bones are showing, she has no womanly parts to her. She's still beautiful in her way, but I can't understand why that is society's standard for "beauty" when no one really wants to look like her!

Honestly, I *did* look like that when I was 19, and I *hated* my body. Sure, the flat stomach was nice, but I felt like a little boy most of the time. I'm much happier now being a "plus sized" 8!