Thursday, July 29, 2010

Love my booty!


Yeah, that's totally a pic of my booty. Not really. Remember I lie.

So I was reading articles like I usually do out of boredom and I came across this article, 4 Body Part That Make Us Self Conscious and it got me thinking.

There are parts on my body that I love, and there are parts that I hate. Its true, its true. I love my booty. I was blessed with a nice budunkadunk. Granted now in my later 20's I now have to do actual exercises to keep it looking good. I have great upper arms. I have always have defined arms but now thanks to weights and lifting my children they are even more defined. Overall my body is OK.

So why can't we be happy with what we have? We all know we can't have it all (except for those freak Victoria Secret models, I happen to believe that aren't really human), but in our endless need for perfection we still try. Diets, endless hours at the gym, even clothes that promise to flatten tummy's and lift butts. Its crazy what lengths we go to.

So I am stepping up on my soap box today to highlight the nice things. Yeah my legs may not be 5 feet long, my stomach may be lacking an entire 6 pack, and my breast are no longer as perky as they were in my high school days. But I have more to offer than my body, like a sense of humor and a kind heart. And that, to me at least, is pretty freakin awesome.

No comments: