Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Anyone there?

I know that cell phone of mine can make actual phone calls. I have done it before a time or two. I have received a call on it before too. The numbers aren't there just to text my friends about what time I will be meeting them, I can punch in a series of 7 numbers and hear someone else's voice on the other end. Its amazing. It blows my mind.

I know I have written about how technology is either keeping us in better touch or not in touch at all. But I am really curious, do we really get eachother when we are having conversations via text or email?

Its all happened to us before I am quite sure. There you are right smack dab in the middle of a texting conversation with your mom, friend, lover, or sister and a message comes through. There are the words right there in black and white for you to read. But what does it mean? Are the being serious? And whats with that tone? Then all hell breaks lose. You take it the wrong way and the next thing you know, your in a full fledge fight.

Its so hard to understand someone when all your doing is reading words. You can't hear their tone, their excitement, or their disappointment in their voice. You end up having to decipher someone elses feelings which I hate doing. I don't know how someone else feels unless they tell me. And not via text. I miss actual human contact. Hearing peoples voices or meeting for coffee or a drink when you wanna talk.  Don't get me wrong, texting is great to have a quick little convo but I miss the days of face to face contact, or at the very least phone to phone.

Whats a girl to do?

No comments: