Friday, May 28, 2010

Memorial day

Its one of the best 3 day weekends EVER. The unofficial start of summer. The grills get fired up, decorative table clothes are brought out, and no doubt there are a number of adult beverages served. Its a time when most of us realize that summer is about to start. From here until fall our time will be spent with baseball games, water activities, and late nights watching the lighting bugs and enjoying the warm nights.

But just remember to take a few moments this weekend to remember what the holiday was created for in the first place. To memorialize those that are no longer with us. Most importantly, those that have served for our nation to give us the freedoms we enjoy today.

And please remember above all, to be safe! And to be responsible. I can't help it, the mom in me always comes out. I hope y'all enjoy your weekend. I sure know that I am going to!!!

No comments: