Monday, May 3, 2010

Starved

Guys have it so easy these days. Really if we think about it they do. Before I start off this post today, please know that this is all just a generalized statement, or thought, or whatever you wanna call it. Okay here we go...

I started thinking the other day about how complex relationships between men and women have become. I am sure that we have all at one point in time heard a man complain that a girl he was dating or seeing (yeah that's another topic for me-whats with all the labels??) wanted something more serious or wanted something more. And I got to thinking, can you blame us?

I don't know from experience being that I at this moment am barely dipping my toes into the dating pool, but from what I hear there are a lot of jerks out there. So can you blame a girl when she finds a nice guy who treats her good, that she wants to lock it down and have it all to herself forever?  We are literally so starved for romance these days that a guy who takes us to a nice dinner and shares a good conversation with us has us thinking about white dresses and happily ever after. Okay maybe its not THAT drastic, but you get my drift.

Guys have it so easy these days when it comes to dating. Really they do. There are so many good girls out there that just want to be appreciated and respected. Or perhaps its just me. But I do know that finding a respectable guy who treats you like a lady is really hard to find these days. So I guess to all my ladies out there, pucker up. Sounds like no matter what, we will still have to kiss a lot of frogs before we find our princes (and let me just say YUCK! Now you see why I haven't jumped into dating quite yet? lol).

No comments: